Double Half Moon Wool Area Rug
Part of the Luna Collection (2022), Double Half Moon features two black semi-circle centered on a natural beige background. The rug is entirely handmade, incorporating the imperfection of an ancient sheep’s wool loom weaving technique practiced by fair trade artisans from the province of Santiago del Estero, Argentina. The 100% natural sheep’s wool is never chemically treated and all dyes are made from local plants.
Lead Time- 10 to 12 weeks, ships from Argentina
Density– 3lbs (1.40 kilos) of wool per m2
Custom sizes and additional colors available-Contact email@example.com
$3,850.00 – $12,500.00
– At home, you can vacuum your rug but use a vacuum without the brush attachment as this produces pilling and can damage the fibers.
– Vacuum the rug one to two times a week, especially in high traffic areas
– Treat stains with a mixture of vinegar and warm water as soon as possible. Lightly foam the mixture on a sponge and press gently in circles to prevent the stain from getting deeper into the textile. Pat dry with a clean white towel.
– For deep cleaning, we recommend dry cleaning your rug, it is best to avoid introducing chemical or liquid cleaners to the fibers if possible.
– We also offer personalized cleaning consultations if necessary, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a video call.
Mantara, founded by Carolina Pavetto, is a project that centers on the pillars of fair trade and circular design. With each and every thread, Mantara’s pieces give new value to the ancestral techniques practiced by the artisans of Santiago del Estero, Argentina. The studio believes in the creative force of design, in both the fabric they build together with local artisans and the designs that they develop and share throughout the world.
Mantara is dedicated to material honesty and maintaining the integrity of the natural fabrics. Their raw material is harvested with deep respect for the environment and they do not use dyes or subject their wool to any chemical processes.