Baeton Geometric Area Rug
The Baeton Geometric Area Rug features an abstract cow-print pattern in classic black and white or modern blue and orange. The rug is entirely handmade, incorporating an ancient sheep’s wool loom weaving technique practiced by fair trade artisans from the province of Santiago del Estero, Argentina. Made from 100% natural sheep’s wool, Mantara rugs are never chemically treated and all dyes are made from local plants.
Lead Time- 10 to 12 weeks, ships from Argentina
Density– 3lbs (1.40 kilos) of wool per m2, Custom Sizes Available- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional colorways.
$3,850.00 – $12,500.00
– At home, you can vacuum your rug but use a vacuum without the brush attachment as this produces pilling and can damage the fibers.
– Vacuum the rug one to two times a week, especially in high traffic areas
– Treat stains with a mixture of vinegar and warm water as soon as possible. Lightly foam the mixture on a sponge and press gently in circles to prevent the stain from getting deeper into the textile. Pat dry with a clean white towel.
– For deep cleaning, we recommend dry cleaning your rug, it is best to avoid introducing chemical or liquid cleaners to the fibers if possible.
– We also offer personalized cleaning consultations if necessary, please contact email@example.com to arrange a video call.
Mantara, founded by Carolina Pavetto, is a project that centers on the pillars of fair trade and circular design. With each and every thread, Mantara’s pieces give new value to the ancestral techniques practiced by the artisans of Santiago del Estero, Argentina. The studio believes in the creative force of design, in both the fabric they build together with local artisans and the designs that they develop and share throughout the world.
Mantara is dedicated to material honesty and maintaining the integrity of the natural fabrics. Their raw material is harvested with deep respect for the environment and they do not use dyes or subject their wool to any chemical processes.